Tuesday, January 11, 2011

SEO for Your Resume

Last night I went to a birthday party for a friend of my dad's. I have known this family since I was born, and know them well but only see them periodically. I forget that just getting out of the house can give you some new perspective. I got to talking to people at the party and learned of a potential job opening. Then started talking to someone else about job search tips and learned a new resume strategy to optimize for search engines. I love getting new tips! I plan to work on incorporating this one into my resume this week.

Try taking all the relevant key words that are not already in your resume and add them at the bottom in small font and make the font white so you can't read them when it is printed. It won't effect the way a recruiter sees your resume, but the software that recruiters use are only searching for key words that match the job description. Maybe it will at least get your resume in the right pile. I couldn't believe what a great and simple idea this was! The hardest part now is getting in the door, I hope this gets me one step closer!

1 comment: