Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Monday

I don't know about you, but job searching can be stressful! It is a process of trial and error. Everyone has a different strategy; I thought I would share my own job search plan with you starting with Monday.

Since many of the job search newsletters release new postings on Monday, I spend most of my morning pulling appropriate job listings from all of my regular sites. It helps me to ease into the week and gives me some goals for the week. Plus it is a great time to settle in with my coffee and be productive!

I create a new word document and copy and paste any appropriate jobs that I find into that document. Having everything in one place helps me keep things straight. As I revisit the document later in the week, I use the highlight feature and different colors to code the jobs I have applied for or decided were not a good fit. I love being able to refer back and know that I have already referenced a job. I have also found that this strategy helps me remember websites with great information. When I am drawing a blank and need new inspiration later, I always look at passed weeks!

What works for you??

No comments:

Post a Comment